How much does that home really cost?
A $200,000 home costs more than a $185,000 home, right? Well, yes and no. Assuming the same type of financing for both homes, the $200,000 home does cost more initially. But many factors contribute to the overall long-term cost of a house. Here are some things to keep in mind when trying to determine the true cost of purchasing a particular home:
• Does it have a pool or hot tub that requires maintenance? • How much yard maintenance is required and who will perform it?
• Are there trees that should be removed?
• What are the utility costs? Although your usage won’t be exactly the same as the current owners, you may be able to get their utility bills for the past year from them or directly from the utility company.
• How soon will the roof need to be replaced?
• Does the house need repainting?
• Does the electrical system need upgrading to handle the load for your appliances and electronics?
• Does the home have aluminum wiring, lead-based paint, or other safety or health hazards you will want to address?
• Does the house need new carpeting or flooring?
• What remodeling projects do you see as a must?
• Will appliances need replacing? What items convey?
• What are the estimated property taxes for the property? Also, be sure to get a professional inspection to identify other potentially costly problem areas.
Your one-stop source for real estate services covering the Houston Metro Area. With a focus on exceptional service, you’ll find everything you’ll need from complete MLS listings, valuable home value calculation tools, neighborhood information , and school information! Do you need to sell your home, click here to request a comparative market analysis!
In today’s competitive real estate market, timing is everything. Many good homes are sold before they are ever advertised. Beat other home buyers to the hottest new homes for sale in Houston with my New Listings Notification Service.
If you own real estate that you’re thinking of selling, I would be happy to provide you with a FREE Home Evaluation.
Whether you are buying or selling a home hire someone like me, who will earn your business. I invite you to contact me as I’d be happy to assist you with this important transaction. In addition, if you have any general questions about buying or selling real estate in Houston, please contact me as I am more than willing to help.
I service all areas of the Houston Metro Area. I work with you for commercial or residential real estate. Do you need to sell your home? If you are looking for land, homes, townhomes, condo’s, loft’s or an apartment complex, or an experienced real estate agentthis is the place.
While you are here, feel free to have a look a couple of my current listings below.
So until then, should you, your family, or your colleagues need a realtor please don’t hesitate to contact me via Facebook or by phone at 281.798.4599.
@TheTexasBroker (a.k.a Allen Keith Hebert)