Dispelling common home buying myths Owning your own home may be more realistic than you think
Knowledge is power, particularly if you are striving to afford your first home. The homebuying process has many myths, though. For instance, you don’t have to put 20% down, you don’t have to have perfect credit, and you don’t have to accept a high interest rate or junk fees. Texas REALTORS® are committed to dispelling these myths and making the American Dream of homeownership a reality for more people. Some have taken additional training in affordable housing through a program called the Texas Affordable Housing Specialist certification. Here are a few details about purchasing a home that may interest you:
• Many local, state, and national programs are available in Texas offering downpayment assistance or low interest rates for first-time homebuyers.
• A first-time homebuyer, for the purpose of these programs, is defined as someone who has not owned a home in the past three years.
• You may be eligible for up to $2,000 in federal tax reductions through Mortgage Credit Certificates, which keep more cash in your pocket and make your mortgage more affordable.
• If you are a Texas veteran or currently in the armed services or National Guard, you may qualify for some of the best home loans in the country through the Texas Veterans Land Board.
• You don’t need to have stellar credit, five years on the job, or even any downpayment funds to get your start as a proud homeowner. Texas REALTORS® can help point out homebuying resources, identify beneficial programs, and guide you through the home loan process.
Welcome to your new home!
Your one-stop source for real estate services covering the Houston Metro Area. With a focus on exceptional service, you’ll find everything you’ll need from complete MLS listings, valuable home value calculation tools, neighborhood information , and school information! Do you need to sell your home, click here to request a comparative market analysis!
In today’s competitive real estate market, timing is everything. Many good homes are sold before they are ever advertised. Beat other home buyers to the hottest new homes for sale in Houston with my New Listings Notification Service.
If you own real estate that you’re thinking of selling, I would be happy to provide you with a FREE Home Evaluation.
Whether you are buying or selling a home hire someone like me, who will earn your business. I invite you to contact me as I’d be happy to assist you with this important transaction. In addition, if you have any general questions about buying or selling real estate in Houston, please contact me as I am more than willing to help.
I service all areas of the Houston Metro Area. I work with you for commercial or residential real estate. Do you need to sell your home? If you are looking for land, homes, townhomes, condo’s, loft’s or an apartment complex, or an experienced real estate agentthis is the place.
While you are here, feel free to have a look a couple of my current listings below.
So until then, should you, your family, or your colleagues need a realtor please don’t hesitate to contact me via Facebook or by phone at 281.798.4599.
@TheTexasBroker (a.k.a Allen Keith Hebert)