Tips for Selling 20 reasons to hire a Texas REALTOR®
1. Homes are bought by comparison. I have a large inventory at my disposal through MLS while you have an inventory of one.
2. I am very familiar with competitive houses so I can help you position your home well.
3. It is hard negotiating for yourself. I have lots of experience in writing contracts and can negotiate aggressively on your behalf.
4. Buyers are not always forthright about their financial situation. I insist on prequalifying before I even bring you an offer.
5. My lender contacts and mortgage experience help buyers get the financing they need.
6. Most buyers don’t want to tell the seller why they don’t make an offer. I can probe the buyer or his agent for that information.
7. Any follow up you do with a buyer can be seen as desperation. I follow up as part of my job so that you are not perceived in a compromising light.
8. I can showcase your improvements better so that you don’t appear like you are “selling.”
9. Most sellers who spend their time as a For Sale By Owner end up by listing in the end. A recent NAR survey found that only 11% of sellers nationally ended up selling by owner. Why spend your time and money if in the end you will hire a REALTOR®?
10. Unqualified buyers can tie up your home. I make sure that doesn’t happen.
11. Personality conflicts with a buyer can get in the way. I come between the buyer and the seller so that personalities don’t enter in.
12. Most buyers use a REALTOR®, which increases the number of buyers who will see your home.
13. I can mobilize my company agents and other area REALTORS® on your behalf.
14. An NAR survey of recent closed sellers found that REALTOR®-assisted sales brought in 20% more sales price than For Sale By Owner sales.
15. A FSBO sign makes you vulnerable for any curiosity seeker or unsavory character. When you list, only buyers accompanied by a REALTOR® will get into your home.
16. Being accessible to show your home limits your personal time and cuts down the available showing time. When you list, your property will be available during normal showing hours and the prospect will always be accompanied by me or another REALTOR®.
17. Additional exposure through MLS and the Internet brings you a higher price.
18. I orchestrate the contract-to-closing process, including the appraisal, buyerloan process, title, inspections, pest control, survey, etc., taking this burden off of you.
19. I make sure that you are compliant with all laws relating to the sale of your home.
20. I only get paid when I get the job done.