Going green is great for the environment, but that’s not the only benefit. When you make green upgrades in your home, it can also lead to some major savings.
- Solar panels: The upfront cost is big, but the long-term savings are huge. Solar panels will cost several thousand dollars to install, but ongoing maintenance costs are very low, and a typical system could save you hundreds of dollars per year. You can even sell your surplus electricity.
- Wood furnace: Wood-burning furnaces are relatively inexpensive, and though the yearly savings aren’t as dramatic (about 10% on heating bills), it adds up over the long run.
- Insulation: There’s a good chance your insulation isn’t very efficient, especially in older homes. Look into installing floor, cavity, wall, and loft insulation to reduce your heating bills.
- Rain barrels: Rain barrels are extremely inexpensive, and provide gallons of free water to use when you wash your car or water your garden.
- Geothermal system: OK, so the price tag is scary at first. A geothermal system uses the earth’s temperature to heat and cool your home, but can cost $30,000 to install. But tax credits allow you to get a lot of that money back, and the energy savings average about $1,900 per year. If you plan to be in your home for a decade or two, it’s a great investment.
Your one-stop source for real estate services covering the Houston Metro Area. With a focus on exceptional service, you’ll find everything you’ll need from complete MLS listings, valuable home value calculation tools, neighborhood information , and school information! Do you need to sell your home, click here to request a comparative market analysis!
In today’s competitive real estate market, timing is everything. Many good homes are sold before they are ever advertised. Beat other home buyers to the hottest new homes for sale in Houston with my New Listings Notification Service.
If you own real estate that you’re thinking of selling, I would be happy to provide you with a FREE Home Evaluation.
Whether you are buying or selling a home hire someone like me, who will earn your business. I invite you to contact me as I’d be happy to assist you with this important transaction. In addition, if you have any general questions about buying or selling real estate in Houston, please contact me as I am more than willing to help.
I service all areas of the Houston Metro Area. I work with you for commercial or residential real estate. Do you need to sell your home? If you are looking for land, homes, townhomes, condo’s, loft’s or an apartment complex, or an experienced real estate agent this is the place.
While you are here, feel free to have a look a couple of my current listings below.
So until then, should you, your family, or your colleagues need a realtor please don’t hesitate to contact me via Facebook or by phone at 281.798.4599.
@TheTexasBroker (a.k.a Allen Keith Hebert)